Plan a visit to the Ruark Boatworks
Maryland Avenue & Hayward Street; Cambridge, MD 21613
Phone - 410-221-8844
Hours - Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays – 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The Ruark Boatworks Division of the James B. Richardson Foundation is open for visitors who have an interest in wooden boat construction.
Learn from the Experts - Individuals, families and groups are invited to come, observe, participate and perhaps return to learn the art of building wooden boats. Named after Harold Ruark, the designer of the skipjack Nathan of Dorchester, a local boat designer and modeler. Boats; large and small, are being built or restored at this facility. The volunteers, assisted by Boatwright Mac McGlaughlin have completed and constructed locally built boats.
Come, see & get involved with the ongoing projects and long term plans at the Ruark Boatworks.
Group Tours - We welcome private tours of the Richardson Maritime Museum and Ruark Boatworks. Bus groups, school groups, groups of friends and family with a minimum of 10 people suggested. $3 Museum, $2 Boatworks, $5 for both. Please call 410-221-1871 or email to make arrangements in advance.
Directions - From US 50 take Maryland Avenue (heading west) at the first traffic light south of the Choptank River Bridge. Continue on Maryland Avenue and at the first red light make a right turn onto Hayward Street. The Ruark Boatworks is on your left.
Use the Google map below for directions to the Ruark Boatworks.